It's 2:43AM and I'm wide awake. Not because I chose to be, but because I'm so sick and uncomfortable - I have no choice. It was the same last night too, I was up from 1AM until I had to get up for work - talk about zombie.
I was so miserable yesterday at work so I called the RE and asked if it was normal. I explained to her all my symptoms (nausea/vomitting, bloated, cramps, problems urinating, etc) and she ordered some labs. I got them back and they are all out of whack. The one that alarmed me is my wbc (white blood count) was 21.2 and the max should be 10. That is a sign of infection so that really scared me. Once the RE got the results, they called back and said I definitely have OHSS and I need to get back on the couch and relax and drink up. I finished out the work day - which amazed me as I didnt think I'd be able to.
I was really worried about calling in sick because, well, you all know how my job is. Plus, I would be calling in for a Thursday and that is the ONLY day that the other person that can do my job isn't going to be there. You know what though, I got over it and thought - my health is more important than their inconveniences! I called the boss at 8:30 last night so she would at least have a heads up (cant say I'm not considerate!) but she wasn't home so I left a message - THANK GOD!!
Well, I would really appreciate prayers. I'm a complete mess, complete basketcase 24/7. If I'm not doubled over in pain, I'm crying hysterically because I just can't cope. Yes, I know that sounds childish of me, but you can thank the hormones for that one.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Posted by Angie at 2:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh Angie lots and lots and lots of prayers. I'm glad you stayed home for work, you need to give your body time to heal (and maybe sleep a little bit too).
You will get through this and there WILL be a baby on the other end of all this Hell.
Oh my goodness Angie, I just looked it up...sounds awful. I saw one piece of good news in the midst of it..."the worst cases are usually associated w/ pregnancy"!
I'm so sorry you're going thru all of this just to get the thing women most naturally desire. :( You are most certainly not acting childish. So, don't even say that!
So sorry Angie...I am praying tons!! This just stinks for you but you will make it thru. Get lots of rest today and hydrate as much as possible. Talk to those embies too and give them lots of love!!
Oh Angie, bless your heart. Rest, rest, rest! I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy and don't think for one minute about acting childish. You have every right to feel the way you do. Hugs to you, I hope you feel better soon.
You need to do what's best for you and your baby (or babies). I hope you spent the day resting, relaxing and being pampered :-)
I found this and thought you might like to read it
Interestingly, the worst cases of hyperstimulation syndrome occur when a woman becomes pregnant. This is because her placenta is making HCG and stimulating the ovaries to continue to pour out large amounts of estrogen-rich fluid. So although it is a very unpleasant side effect to endure, hyperstimulation syndrome often means good news.
I hope so much for you that this means that you are pregnant -- you are such a trooper - not at all childish - don't think that !!! Take care of yourself and remember phooey to your job if they don't understand your need to take time off -- this is a once in a lifetime and they are not worth the stress !!!!
Angie,
{{{{CHOCOLATE HUGS}}}}
I am so very sorry that you are going through what you are going through, although a big part of me hopes that it's as your friends here state, you are pregnant :D
Praying for a positive beta!
Be blessed!
Unique from TWW.com
Post a Comment