Monday, January 21, 2008

The beotch boss saga continues...

Okay, where do I begin?

Let's start with the first week of December. I was working and noticed that my phone had been acting strange. It was "crackling" and kept going "in and out"... hard to explain but I'm sure you get the picture. Anyways, I'm a receptionist so I need my phone. I use it about 7 hours a day and it's not fun when I'm on hold with an insurance company (for the last 40 minutes) and the phone cuts out and they whole time was WASTED! Yeah, that's no fun at all!

The first thing you think of when something in your office goes bad is to report it to the office manager, right? WRONG! My crazy boss gets mad and thinks you are trying to get new things. She doesn't believe you when you tell her that things are broken. She's lost her mind. Why the HELL would I lie about that? Trust me, I'm not enjoying losing calls and ticking off patients! Not my idea of a great time!

Well, she thought it could be a cord issue (which I knew was NOT the case) so she ran to staples and wasted some money on a new one. At the time it was a nice gesture but I knew better. She was just doing it to get my to shut up. She stood there and watched as I opened the cord and replaced it with the old one. She said, "So, does it work now?" When I told her no - she was ticked and walked off. She never offered anything more. For the next 3 days I used my phone with one hand holding the phone and one hand holding the cord tightly into the handset as I knew that was the problem.

The next 2 weeks I was filling in for two of the other girls I work with while they were on vacation so I rarely used my phone. I was so busy and since I wasn't using it, it almost slipped my mind. Now, lets fast forward to the day after Christmas. I get back to work (finally doing my own job) and started using the phone again - SHOOT! My phone still doesn't work and the boss is on vacation!! Crap! The boss will be gone for two weeks and I couldn't work like that - I kept losing calls!!

I thought of a grand idea - I would switch my handset with the boss's and then switch them back before she came back from vacation. I'm so smart! LOL Well, that was the trick! The phone worked perfectly and then I would tell her the "handset" was the problem when she came back so she could order me a new one. Fast forward two weeks - I forget to switch the handsets before she gets back... ut-ohhhh!!

Well, I didn't remember until today actually. She calls out to my desk and asks if my phone is acting up because now HER phone is doing the same thing. She's just so upset because it's giving her a hard time so she ordered TWO new phones.. one for me and one for her!! SHIT! I confessed and was honest. I told her that I switched the handsets while she was gone and honestly forget to switch them back. I wasn't doing it in a malicious way - I just wanted a working phone! Since my phone was working, I honestly forgot about it! I've been busy...

Oh man, she was MAD! She said that I was disrespectful to her!! WHAT?!? Disrespectful? "Man, I'm going to have to start locking my office door if you're going to come in and steal my things!" I was *this close* to slapping her upside the head when she said that! I told her I was sorry that I didn't switch them back and I was freaking genuine! She said that I am not patient and when I don't get what I want, I take matters into my own hands! WELL DUH! If she isn't going to help me, then I have to do something. What does she want me to do, not do my job? I'm a freaking receptionist for Pete's sake!! I'm on the phone all darn day!

Does she really want to start talking about disrespect? Hmmm, let's see. She disrespected me when she told the nurse about my infertility. She disrespected me when she went behind my back to teach another employee how to do my job.. you know because I'm going to get pregnant and bleed. (Yeah, that's what she said last week - I'm going to get PG from the science experiment and have 10 babies and bleed a lot) Whatever! Who says that?!?! She said that she's just so glad it didn't work the first time because then I would be due when another girl takes 2 weeks off and what the heck would she do? Yeah, I don't think she wanted to bring up "disrespect" one more time to me... I will go off on her.

I was so mad (as you can probably tell by now) after I finished talking (aka getting chewed out) with her, I went in the bathroom and balled my eyes out...not because I was sad, but because I was LIVID! I was shaking!!

It's such a power trip for her.

I can't quit right now because I need a job... They let me take time off and I'll get maternity leave (if/when I do get PG) so I just can't up and quit. What should I do with her? Talking doesn't seem to help!! She always "wins" the conversations and I hate that!! I'm at a loss.. she's impossible to work for.

Happy Freaking Monday, huh? lol

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Ah man Ang...she sucks! You really need to be done with her.. I cannot believe all the things she said and hello, a science experiment? F her! I soo think you need to talk to the doctors now..she cannot get away with stuff like this anymore. She's a naughty, naughty person and I'm wondering if doctors even know she's like this? Everyone is probably scared of her and doesn't want to report her. If you can't get thru to her you've got to get thru to someone higher. This just sucks for you!!

Jamie said...

That woman needs mental help...seriously!

I'm so sorry you have to deal with her shit, especially now.

Is she in contact with the general public?

Lala said...

You are one strong women!

Just remember karma! Your boss will get hers.

Keep your chin up.